Several of Mosaic’s supporters and friends have been included in the Queen’s prestigious Birthday Honours List, many of them for their services to young people in the community.
The 2017 list is special in that it marks 100 years of the Order of the British Empire and includes the greatest number of individuals from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) backgrounds than ever before.
Mosaic’s partners who made the list are:
Officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE)
- Mosaic supporter and CEO of Al Rayan Bank, Sultan Choudhury, for his services to the UK Market for Islamic Finance.
Members of the Order of the British Empire (MBE)
- Former Mosaic Board Member, Imam Monawar Hussain, for his services to Interfaith Relations and the community in Oxfordshire.
- Founding Director of Mosaic, John O’Brien, for his services to Youth Initiatives in the UK and abroad.
- Mosaic supporter and former London Leadership Group Member, Asif Sadiq, for his services to policing and the community in London.
- Mosaic supporter and Founding Chair of the Better Community Business Network, Tariq Usmani, for his services to community cohesion.
Medallists of the Order of the British Empire (BEM)
- Mosaic mentor and national supporter, Ajaz Ahmed of Huddersfield University, for his services to young people.
- Yorkshire Leadership Group Member and Senior Buying Manager at World Foods and WM Morrison Supermarkets Plc, Noor Ali, for her services to diversity in the retail industry.
Head of communications at Mosaic, Nizam Uddin, said: “It’s wonderful to see so many of our supporters and friends recognised with honours for the admirable work they do with Mosaic and beyond.
“We look forward to continuing our strong working relationships with them and harnessing these great achievements to inspire the young people we mentor.”
Please click here to see the full Queen’s Birthday Honours list.