Mosaic is delighted to announce that applications are now open for our first in-country leadership programme, the Mosaic Leadership Programme: Jordan (MLP: JO), a direct legacy of our successful International Leadership Programme.
Mosaic’s International Leadership Programme (ILP) began in 2009 to help develop leadership skills, highlight global issues and equip young people to become involved in their local community. With generous support from Zain Jordan and the United Kingdom’s Department for International Development (DFID), Mosaic will deliver the in-country version of the ILP. The Mosaic Leadership Programme: Jordan (MLP: JO) is a legacy of the ILP Summit 2015 which was held in Amman, Jordan and will seek to emulate the success of the conference and the achievements of the participants.
Mosaic’s Managing Director Jonathan Freeman commented: “We are delighted that with the help of our generous supporters at Zain Jordan and DFID, we are able to continue the legacy of our ILP Summit so as to reach Jordanians from all over the country. Investing in tomorrow’s leaders by providing leadership opportunities to those who otherwise might not have had them is absolutely core to Mosaic’s mission, and I look forward to seeing them in action come March!”
This exciting new one-year programme will commence with the MLP: JO Summit in Amman from Sunday 20 March – Thursday 24 March.
We are looking for young, passionate, dedicated and inspirational leaders that want to make a positive contribution in their local community. The MLP: JO is a year-long programme and aims to enable young people to make the transition from education to the workplace and to become active citizens on a local, national and global level. The key areas of skills development are:
- To develop leadership ability and an aspiration to be an agent of change;
- To develop an understanding of key global issues and inspire positive thinking to address them;
- To equip delegates to become an active and positive part of their community.
If you want to be part of this exciting new programme please complete the online application form.
Applicants must fulfil the following selection criteria:
- Be a national or resident of Jordan and currently residing in the country (ID and proof of address will be asked for during the interview process)
- Be 25–35 years old in March 2016
- Be able to attend the five day summit in Amman in March 2016
- Make a commitment to complete the 12 month programme in full
- Fluent in English (all elements of the programme will be conducted in English)
Successful applicants will be invited to interview that will take place in Amman, Jordan. All applicants invited to interview will be required to travel to Amman. Mosaic will reimburse reasonable travel expenses. The timeline for applications and interviews is as follows:
- Applications open: Thursday 5 November 2015
- Applications close: Sunday 03 January 2016
- Interviews for delegates residing in Amman: from 6 January – 14 January 2016
- Interviews for Delegates residing out with Amman: 14 January – 28 January 2016
In order to deliver the programme, Mosaic is also recruiting for 50 Jordanian mentors to support the delegates deliver their action plan in their local communities. If you are interested in this opportunity please contact Debra Hay, Head of International on +44 (0) 20 7566 8656 or email .
If you would like to talk informally about this opportunity please contact Sara Smith, International Leadership Programme Administrator on +44 (0) 20 7566 6628 or email .