Noor Ali is a lead mentor at Olive Girls Secondary School in Bradford, West Yorkshire. She was born and educated in Leeds and is married with two children. Noor works as an Ethnic Buyer for ASDA – which involves sourcing ethnic products and developing the growing ethnic supplier base, thus meeting the needs of ASDA’s ethnic customers and communities.
Noor also sits on the ASDA Diversity Forum, supporting and driving the diversity agenda. ASDA leads the way on Ethnic Ranging and continues to be first for innovation. Through the work done, ASDA have successfully achieved Race for Opportunity Awards for ranging and supplier development, two years running 2007 and 2008, including achieving the World Foods Awards in 2009.
Noor is a tireless supporter of Mosaic through her mentoring efforts. She has a strong passion to coach and develop young people, by mentoring and supporting them to achieve their goals through inspiration and confidence.
Mosaic would like to thank Noor Ali for her hard work and wish her the best of luck for the future – a true hero of the month.
The principles our Heroes embody are:-
- A passion for helping young people to realise their potential
- Commitment to Mosaic and the people Mosaic aims to help
- An appreciation of the value of different perspectives
- Inspirational people who motivate others through their example, whilst remaining humble
- Reliable individuals who understand the power of positive thinking
For more information
If you would like to find out more about Mosaic and its activities or to become involved, please register or contact the Mosaic team – / 020 7566 8730