Job Title: Mosaic Talent Programme and Awards 2010 – Communications Support Intern
Fixed Term: September – December 2010
Department: Mosaic International
Reports to: Communications Manager
Mosaic was founded by HRH The Prince of Wales and convened in November 2007 by Business in the Community, one of the Prince’s Charities, to challenge the growing concern around the issues facing young Muslims living in deprived areas of Britain. Today Mosaic operates nationally in London, the West Midlands, East Midlands, Yorkshire & Humber, and the North West as a set of initiatives championed by Muslims aimed at raising aspirations and providing opportunity. Support is increasingly gathering internationally.
Mosaic works towards a more integrated and thriving society where all individuals, regardless of background, are supported in realizing their potential.
Mosaic’s key concerns, as outlined by its founder, are twofold. Firstly in supporting young Muslims and their peers between the ages of 5 and 25 years old who, through no fault of their own, lack access to opportunities in order to maximize their potential to make a positive contribution to society. Secondly, to address the misunderstanding that has arisen between the Islamic and Western worlds in recent years.
Mosaic’s core aims are:
- To stimulate greater levels of volunteering through a network of partners and, where appropriate, direct delivery
- To nurture and promote talent in Muslim communities, providing positive role models to young Muslims and society
- To promote leadership, teamwork, and civic engagement based on addressing key social issues of social importance in the UK and beyond
The Mosaic Talent Programme provides a unique programme by which Mosaic supports the young talent discovered through the Mosaic Talent Awards. In line with Mosaic’s commitment to recognise, celebrate and nurture the amazing talent of young British Muslims, the Talent Programme include a programme of support for all those short-listed for the Talent Awards. Such support includes mentoring support from Mosaic’s inspirational supporters, internship opportunities and participation in Mosaic’s International Summit.
The Mosaic Talent Programme and Awards Communications Support Officer is responsible for supporting the Communications Manager in the implementation and delivery of Mosaic communications and PR activities around the Talent Programme and Awards. The role may also include support to the Communications Manager on wider PR and Communiations activities and objectives.
Reports to: The post-holder reports to the Communications Manager.
To support the Communications Manager in:-
- supporting the Communications Manager in all PR and Communications surrounding the Talent Programme and Awards
- organising all marketing material for the Talent Awards ceremony
- gathering information for and drafting press releases and media sell in scripts and website content
- drawing up media target lists (UK and international), working with sponsors where relevant
- contacting media by email and telephone to engage in covering the Talent Awards
- meeting with and accompanying media professionals during the Talent Awards
- maximising coverage of the Awards ceremony via planning of photograph, video, and digital media
- Collate and report on any coverage gained about the Talent Awards and its nominees/ judges/ compeers
- Assist with updating the Mosaic website in regards to Talent Programme and Awards
- The role will also require support in organising and delivering the Talent awards event at Battersea PowerStation
The post holder may be required to carry out other duties that are reasonably to be considered as within the scope and purpose of the job and the aptitudes of the job holder.
This role is to work primarily at the BITC Shepherdess Walk office in London.
We believe this internship offers a valuable and relevant opportunity for those seeking to gain work experience in the media, therefore we would particularly value applicants who can demonstrate a passion for this industry.
For more information please contact the Mosaic Team at:
ku.gr1620474673o.cti1620474673b@cia1620474673som1620474673 / 020 7566 8730